Monday 9 June 2003

WALKABOUTSVERSE 71 OF 230

Poem 71 of 230:  ME AT 33

Gandhi-glasses with twelve-years of wear,
    Clubfoot, slight scoliosis, thin hair;
I have a goatee, am built quite lean,
    And in golfing-clothes I’m mostly seen.

Single/once divorced, with no children -
    Except one sponsored with World Vision.
Back in Manchester, my place of birth -
    On that World Cup day, for what it’s worth.

Sound at exams, moulding, travel, sport -
    At home when wishes are fairly sought.
And I am a didactic being -
    Having seen much needless suffering.

(P.S:  I hope a stronger U.N.
Replaces the need for such "Vision.")

(C) David Franks 2003

Me at about 33 years old

Me at about 43 - taken at
Newcastle's Green Festival 

Me, from my laptop, at almost 53

St. Mary's Hospital, Manchester -
my birthplace on 30/7/66; 29/5/17

Saint Mary's from Whitworth Park; 29/5/17

A selection from London's National Portrait Gallery.

National Portrait Gallery; 26/6/15
 



Bernard Law Montgomery by Frank Salisbury

W.G. Grace - attributed to
Archibald John Stuart Wortley



Likely Shakespeare by John Taylor


Captain Cook by Nathaniel Dance